Letter of Protest to Obama
I have attended a Taxed Enough Already (TEA) Party in Jonesboro Arkansas, April 15. We are banding together to protest your following actions, all of which in some way or another affect our taxes income.
* Your bailouts and your proposed $3.6 trillion (which we all know is a low estimate) budget which is projected to add one trillion bucks to our federal deficit each year! Even at this figure, your budget more than doubles the national debt held by the public, and adds more to the debt than all previous presidents, combined http://politicalpistachio.blogspot.com:80/2009/03/record-debt-more-than-all-presidents.html
* Your take-over of banks and auto companies - private industries - and ousting the management and setting salaries. Your Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner said Sunday that he's "prepared to oust the senior management and boards of directors of other banks." This reeks of dictatorship and socialism. http://www.nwanews.com/adg/National/256676/
* Your refusal to allow drilling for oil in Alaska and in our own country, and your energy policy, which you, yourself, said: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." In our area the manager of an electricity company said it would increase every family's electric bill $100 to $200 a month. Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZxnT5tHVIo
* Your support of legislation setting aside more than 2 million acres in nine states as protected wilderness (the biggest government land grab in 25 years) which will assure there will be no drilling for oil on vast swaths of federal land. http://www.nwanews.com/adg/National/255750/
* Waffling on the PROMISED tax cuts for middle class that was the foundation of your campaign. When pressed at a press conference, you refused to say you would veto a budget if those tax cuts were not part of that budget. http://prairiepundit.blogspot.com/2009/03/conrad-rewrites-obama-budget-wo-goodies.html
* Your policies on abortion, and in particular: 1. your executive order that allows taxpayer money to be used for funding abortion for international family planning groups. 2. Your promise to Planned Parenthood to implement the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) which guarantees a woman the right to partial birth abortions, taxpayer funded abortions, and will supersede every law and measure that society has used to deter abortion. . http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=31746 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8 and http://www.aul.org:80/FOCA
* Slashing funds for the missile defense shield program by 15% only a day after North Korea launched the longest-range missile it has ever developed, and beginning the fulfillment of your proclaimed policy to scale down national defense which will leave us defenseless. This is particularly egregious in face of your gigantic increases in other areas. http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=31746
* Proclaiming to the Islam world that "I've said before that one of the great strengths of the United States is….we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation," when the majority of people in our nation would disagree. Our nation has always been known as a Christian nation ever since our founding fathers based our Constitution and government on Christian principles and that has been our strength, the foundation of our success. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/06/obama-us-not-a-christian_n_183772.html
* Your plan to implement amnesty for illegal aliens and several other acts you have already taken to dismantle some of the most successful immigration enforcement programs like suspending worksite enforcement which holds employers accountable if they hire illegal aliens.
* Your government universal health care plan which most experts believe will exceed $1 trillion over 10 years, but will cut $316 billion from Medicare during that time. Medicare is an example of government health care, and it is now facing insolvency by 2019. As someone has said, "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until it's free." Under your plan the federal government, not individuals, will decide the level of health benefits for Americans, and these rules would apply to all participating private health plans. If government health care is so good, then why do people from all over the world come to the US for serious illnesses.
Your health plan will have the efficiency of the post office and the compassion of the IRS at Pentagon prices. http://www.heritage.org/Research/HealthCare/wm2314.cfm & http://www.nwanews.com/adg/National/220856/