Immigration Bill Would Immediately Legalize Illegal Immigrants
A Fact the Media is Basically Hiding
Following are key factors (being ignored by most of the media) about the complex immigration bill that a bipartisan group of Senate negotiators has agreed to and which is being debated in the US Senate at this time: For copy of this bill go to this link and click: a format that allows for easy browsing online.
"This is the most self destructive bill for Republicans to be sponsoring that I have seen maybe in my lifetime. You can imagine how bad this bill is going to be by the time people understand all the details and how foolish its sponsors are going to look, at least on the Republican side where there is some semblance of belief in the Rule of law and some semblance in the sense of fairness.
"Apparently the White House knocked out a provision to require that illegal immigrants pay back taxes. So now they won't have to pay back taxes. So now you are setting up a two tier system. If you are a citizen, if you have been following the law, if you have had a legal visa, you have to pay back taxes or you will have real problems with the IRS; but if you cleverly broke the law and you cleverly avoided taxes all these years, you are now somehow exempt. This could be the kind of breaking point where the average American decides to throw everybody out, Democrats and Republican alike. This could actually lead to the emergence of a very fundamental revolution at the grassroots.
"This is a recklessly destructive bill written in fantasy land by a group of staff who have no idea how the US government operates and frankly don't care how it operates. This is a political bill written for a political purpose. It fits the agenda of the left, and every Republican should be opposed to it. And frankly, every common sense Democrat should be opposed to it. 5
"This bill is a disaster. It is a failure; it should be defeated; it should cease to exist; the Senate ought to go back to regular business. There ought to be a bill worked through regular committee process out in the open where people could look at it, refine it, criticize it. But this particular bill is as big a disaster as any Republican has had in my life time; and I predict that, if in fact it gets through the Senate, it will be a disaster for every Republican Senator and a lot of Democratic senators because I think the anger is bi partisan." Newt Gingrich on O'Reilly 5/21/07.
Documentation and Footnotes
1. "WASHINGTON — Senators negotiating a bipartisan immigration reform bill have settled on the details of a plan that would immediately grant legal status to all illegal immigrants currently in the United States." Los Angeles Times http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-immig16may16,1,7711680.story?track=rss "Senate nearing immigration bill" May 16, 07
The measure would give legal status to some 12 million undocumented aliens already in the United States — a stipulation that critics equate to granting amnesty. Immigration Bill Heads for Debate in Senate NPR, " Immigration Bill Heads for Debate in Senate" http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10266183
Texas Senator John Cornym on Hannity and Colmes May 21, 07 said illegal aliens "could get a Z-visa just by coming forward and registering and could stay here forever."
Poll: Public Wants Illegals to Go Home http://arkansasgopwing.blogspot.com:80/2007/05/poll-public-wants-illegals-to-go-home.html
Also be sure to see footnote # 8 below.
2. http://www.billoreilly.com/show?action=viewTVShow&showID=1348#2 Robert Rector, Heritage Foundation on O'Reilly show, May 18, 07
3. "http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=77737 "U.S. immigration bill attacked from left and right, Friday May 18, 07."
4. see number 3
5. These quotes were transcribed from the TV program but will probably be on O'Reilly archives shortly. http://www.billoreilly.com/
6. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55787 North America 'partnership' fast-tracked in border bill "It is the sense of Congress that the United States and Mexico should accelerate the implementation of the Partnership for Prosperity to help generate economic growth and improve the standard of living in Mexico, which will lead to reduced migration," the draft legislation states on page 211 on the version time-stamped May 18, 2007 11:58 p.m. North America 'partnership' fast-tracked in border bill. May 20,07.
Bill: Online and Awaiting Your Comments"
May 20, 2007 03:39 PM
8. "Note the loophole big enough to drive a truck through regarding the z visas. The loophole can be found in sec. 1(a), and section 601(h). The exceptions noted in 601(h) are broad and allow for just about anyone to gain probationary z status before the date triggers are met." http://truthlaidbear.com/immigrationbill0518.php?page=1 See first comment at this link and then find the sections in the law.