Am I Going To Heaven???
Find Out Below
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
. 1. Have you come to a place in your spiritual life where you know for certain that you are going to heaven? Yes ____ No______
2. If you answered Yes, then Suppose you were to die tonight and stand before God and he were to say to you, "Why should I let you into my heaven? What would you say?
3. If you answered No, then explain on what basis you think you would be able to go to heaven.
If your answer to number 1 is "No", I hope the following study will lead you to a commitment which will bring you to that point in your life. If you answered "Yes", I think you will be interested in doing the following simple Bible study on this subject. Then review your answers in 1 - 3 above and see if they have changed.
4. . According to John 3:16 that follows, what does the Bible say one has to do
to be saved? "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever should believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
5. In Acts 16: 30-31 what must one do to be saved? "The jailer asks Paul and Silas a question. "Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved."
6. What two things must one do to be saved based on Romans 10:9 . "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead thou shalt be saved." KJ version
7. In John 3:18 who is condemned and who is not condemned? "He that believeth on Him is not condemned but he that believeth not is condemned already because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
8. How is one saved and how is one not saved according to Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Also fill in the blanks
Salvation is a _ _ _ _ of God. For by _ _ _ _ _ are you saved. Salvation is not of _ _ _ _ _ lest any man should boast.
9. Based on the following verse in Acts 2:21 who can be saved? "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."______________________________________________________________________
Below are some verses about God that you also need to know when you make your commitment to be saved.
10. What does I John 4:8 tell us about God?. " God is love."
11. 3:9 How does II Peter 3:9 show God's love for you? "The Lord...is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
I.2. How does John 3:17 illustrate God's love for you? "God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved. "
13. How does I Cor. 5:21 tell you how much God loves you? "For He [God] hath made Him [Christ] to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness God in Him?"
14. How does Romans 6:23 show God's love for you? "For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
15. How does II Peter 3:9 show God's love for you? "The Lord is ...longsuffering to usward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
Below are some verses that you need to know about yourself when you make a commitment to God to receive salvation.
16. What does Romans 3:23 tell you about yourself? "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
17. What does Romans 5:8 tell you about yourself and about God. "For God commended His love toward us that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
18. How do we receive forgiveness from sin according to I John 1:9? "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
You are ready to receive salvation if you can pray the following prayer. I pray that you will do that at this time. If there are parts to this prayer that you cannot pray at this time, read the section following this prayer.
Our heavenly Father, I thank you that you sent your Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for my sins and that you raised Him from the dead. I acknowledge that I am a sinner, that I have committed many sins, and that salvation is a gift that I cannot in any way earn. I thank you that you loved me while I was a sinner and that it is not your will that I should perish. I ask you to forgive me for my sins, to cleanse me from all unrighteousness, and to lead me into truth.. Come into my heart and provide the power to make me into the person that you would have me to be. I ask that you protect me and this decision and seal me with your Holy Spirit until the day of judgment and that you will allow no circumstance or person to turn me away from you. I know I do not have the power to save myself or to forsake my sins on my own, so I commit my soul into your keeping. I pray this prayer in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
(A) If you sincerely prayed this prayer, . The angels in heaven rejoice with you. Luke 15:7, "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth. Then read Ephesians 1:12-13 and rejoice that you are sealed unto the day of redemption. Ephesians 1:12-13 That we should be to the praise of his [God's] glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with thy holy Spirit of promise. Also see Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Begin to read God's word every day and memorize some scriptures and watch God work in your life.
(B) If you cannot pray the above prayer because you are agnostic or don't believe certain parts, or you are not convinced of your sins, or you think you don't have enough faith to make this commitment, simply ask God to bring the conviction or faith or whatever you need to be able to pray that prayer. Then begin to read God's Word every day.
Romans 10:17 says, So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. So begin to read the scriptures until the faith comes, asking God to help you believe.
An excellent book for an agnostic is , The Case For Christ by Lee Stroebel. One of the endorsements for the book reads: The author of The Case for Christ, an investigative journalist with a legal background, probes with bulldog-like tenacity the evidence for the truth of biblical Christianity. Believers and agnostics alike will learn from this fast-paced book.
Another book that is excellent is the workbook study entitled Breaking Free by Beth Moore, and especially the lessons on God's Unfailing Love, pp. 159-178
(C). If your response is, "I can't pray this prayer because I can't live the Christian life," then meditate on these verses:
Philippians 1:6, Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
John 1:12 But as many as received Him to them gave He power to become the Sons of God., even to them that believe on His name.
Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? [It is the spirit that saves us, not ourselves, and it is the Spirit that works in us so that we walk the Christian walk.
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.
II Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
(D) If you think you are such a bad sinner that God can't or won't save you, mediate on these verses: (Last verse is key verse: I Corinthians 6:9-11 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, no idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of God." [If God forgave all these sinners, He will save you too.]
(E) If you have made a decision for Christ before or many times before, or have failed Him miserably, do not be discouraged. That seems to be the history of man and even the apostles. Remember Peter even denied Christ. David committed adultery and murder. You may have not received the truth that would set you free yet. But it is in the Word. Go through these salvation scriptures and pray the prayer again and begin to read the Word daily. At different stages in our lives the Word takes on new meaning, and you will likely find truths you have never known before. Meditate on these scriptures and the scriptures in C above:
I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Luke 22:31-32 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
[Simon did deny Christ, but he repented and was used mightily.]
Matthew 18:21-22 Then came Peter to him [Jesus], and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times; but, Until seventy times seven.
Would God ask us to forgive that much unless He was willing to do the same?
I highly recommend the study workbook entitled Breaking Free by Beth Moore in this case and especially the lessons on God's Unfailing Love, pp. 159- 178.
(F) If you prayed the prayer but still don't feel saved. Research all the scriptures above and meditate on them and memorize those that are meaningful to you. Ask God to show you if there are areas in your life that you have not surrendered to Him. Many people question their salvation experience when they are under conviction by God to work on some area of their lives. This does not mean one has lost his/her salvation but rather our fellowship with Him has been disturbed for some reason. Scripture says man lives by faith, and we must believe God's Word despite our feelings. Read I John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. Then read the scriptures that lead up to this verse in I John.
If you still have doubts, find a pastor or dedicated Christian with which to counsel. Or contact us at AFA
and we will help you in any way we can. 870-932-5065
Prepared by Debbie Pelley
We extend credit for the first two questions to Dr. James Kennedy's work in Evangelism Explosion.